Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Flashback Friday






































I spent my night looking through old photo's on my hard drive from 2009 when I lived in India for 6 months. The parallels of indian children's lives to those of a western child's life were very confronting for me. Living in India made me so grateful to God for blessing me with the life and family I had been given. Looking over these photo's remind me that I have suffered little and have been given so much opportunity to exceed in my life.

I am blessed.

Alex 
xx

(Top) 'Mena' a baby girl who is left in her cot for 12 hrs by herself all day while her parents work on the farm to earn their living for food and board. She swings in her cot all day, laughing and singing, less than a metre away from a cupboard that holds a bees hive and she is perfectly content.

(Below) Orphans and poor children are given to the monastery, at a young age, to embark on a path of learning and enlightenment, where they are given a religious education and a home where they are kept full and healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment